Featured Postcards

Greetings Postcard Pals. Below are some of the standout postcards I have received from my generous postcard friends.

I've also included some I've sent myself from significant or interesting locations or just bought for fun. All my postcards are uploaded to my Flickr.

You'll see I also enjoy fancy stamps too. Want to trade? Read on.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Eucla Jetty WA

Eucla Jetty Western Australia

19 May 1996: Arrived here just before sunset and scampered down to the dunes to see what we could of the old telegraph station and jetty. Managed to roll off a few shots before we ran out of light. Stopped at a couple of the lookouts and saw a pair of eagles cruise past us. Took about 6 shots of them. Hope one comes out. Best lookout so far has been 'Head of the Bight' just before Nullarbor heading west. Asked to see the old roadhouse and was taken on a sort of guided tour. They didn't want to at first but I insisted and the media pass came out and so the red carpet. Stayed at Ceduna last night (East West Motel). Great meal. A restored DC-3 had just arrived and I arranged a tour of that for myself. I may even end up with a flight if I play my cards right. They are RAAF based at Richmond. Doug will be interested to see the pics. Tomorrow more lookouts and Cocklebiddy Caves.

No comments:

Post a Comment