Featured Postcards

Greetings Postcard Pals. Below are some of the standout postcards I have received from my generous postcard friends.

I've also included some I've sent myself from significant or interesting locations or just bought for fun. All my postcards are uploaded to my Flickr.

You'll see I also enjoy fancy stamps too. Want to trade? Read on.

Friday, April 28, 2023

Found Postcards. Fond Memories.

 As the tribulations of the COVID crisis continue, those of us stuck at home might find themselves clearing out the dark, dusty recesses of the cupboard or writing desk. 

All too often those mysterious nooks and crannies reveal long-lost treasures. Long dried-out ballpoint pens stolen during a forgotten hotel stay, boarding passes from defunct airlines or postcards from friends and family who haven't had a Christmas card since before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

For your amusement, I've found a few cards that remind me of times gone by. Perhaps even one from you.

IMG_20210707_0009
Sent home to my daughter from Soweto. 1999. 



Village Women outside Kathing Walled City
from mum in Hong Kong 1995

Manhattan NYC Colonel Lights View from Montefore Hill

Berlin Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment